10 Wednesdays, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Book: varied materials available through the instructor + Grammatica Avanzata della Lingua Italiana by Susanna Nocchi ISBN: 978-8889237281
Location: Taught online via Zoom. An invitation and explanations on how to join the meeting will be sent to registered students.
Instructor: Enrico Della Pietra
Price: $243 (early registration) $270 (After 9/17)
Dates: 10/07 – 12/16 (no class during Thanksgiving week)
Need more information? Attend our online Informational Meeting on September 17th. It’s FREE!
In this level you will continue to expand your foundation and broaden your topics of conversation with a primary focus on hypothetical sentences.
– you have completed the Advanced Beginning level with us (have taken it perhaps several times) or its equivalent
– you have studied and used all tenses of the indicative mood but continue to need practice
– You may have some knowledge of hypothetical sentences but are not yet able to be flawless in their use.
– you can understand the main ideas of rather complex texts on both concrete and abstract topics
– you are able to interact with a certain degree of fluency and spontaneity with native speakers.
This class taught entirely in Italian – like all previous levels before this one – builds on the more basic structures of the Italian language. Tenses and other basic structures are reviewed to help students attain proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
The grammatical focus of this class is on the conditional and subjunctive moods to enable students to understand and use hypothetical sentence structures, and other grammatical topics will be discussed during the course of every week’s conversations on an as needed basis.
If you need assistance to determine if this class is right for you, we would be happy to help. Please SIGN UP TO ATTEND OUR ONLINE INFORMATIONAL MEETING on September 17th. It’s FREE! And if you can’t, please get in touch!