10 Tuesdays, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Book: Distributed material or material available online + Nuova grammatica pratica della lingua italiana by Susanna Nocchi – ISBN:978-8861822474
Location: Taught online via Zoom. An invitation and explanations on how to join the meeting will be sent to registered students.
Instructor: Enrico Della Pietra
Price: $243 (early registration) $270 (After 9/19)
Dates: 10/05 – 12/14 (No class on Thanksgiving week)
This class is designed for false beginners, students who may have studied some Italian – in a distant or not-so-distant past — but need to review. It is also a level we recommend for students who have just completed the Introductory levels (Parts 1 and 2).
The general objectives of the course will be to boost your oral communication skills while giving you the opportunity to further your knowledge of Italian language and culture.
– You know the present tense of most commonly used verbs (in the indicative mood).
– you can ask basic questions
– you can describe yourself and others, your family life, your work, etc.
– you can discuss your likes and dislikes (piacere)
– you possess basic vocabulary (including days/months/time/colors/numbers/etc…)
In this course, you will continue to build your foundation to include irregular verbs in the present, reflexive verbs, progressive present, past tenses, preposition, and adjectives. You will develop better listening comprehension skills and your ability to respond to native speakers in conversation will improve.