8 Thursdays, 10:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Location: Taught online via Zoom. An invitation and explanations on how to join the meeting will be sent to registered students.
Instructor: Nina Garces Ornstein (Please note that this class is taught by Ángela Gozálvez the rest of the year. It is not a mistake, just a change for the summer)
Price: $200 (early registration) $220 (after 6/21)
Dates: 07/09 – 08/27
In this level you will continue to expand your foundation and broaden your topics of conversation.
– you have completed the Advanced Beginning level with us (have taken it perhaps several times) or its equivalent
– you can use most regular and irregular verbs in the present tense (indicative mood) and progressive present
– you can differentiate between the uses of Ser y Estar
– you can use the future tense of regular and irregular verbs
– you have studied and used past tenses (pretérito imperfecto, indefinido, perfecto, y pluscuamperfecto) for quite some time but continue to need practice with these tenses
This class, taught entirely in Spanish like all previous levels before this one, reviews and practices the most common structures of the Spanish language. Tenses and basic sentence structures are reviewed to help students attain proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing. The grammatical focus of this class is on past tenses, as well as the imperative and conditional moods for students who have already studied all these tenses but haven’t mastered them fully.
If you need assistance to determine if this class is right for you, we would be happy to help. Please get in touch!