10 Thursdays, 10:15 am – 11:45 a.m.
Book: Nuevo español en marcha 1 by Francisca Castro Viudez, Pilar Diaz Ballesteros, Ignacio Rodero Diez, Carmen Sardinero Francos ISBN: 9788497789004
Instructor: Diana Domínguez
Price: $243 (early registration) $270 (after 1/14)
Dates: 02/06 – 04/09
In this level you will review the basics of the language to ensure a strong foundation.
– you can use most frequently used regular verbs in the present tense (indicative mood).
– you can ask basic questions
– you can describe yourself and others, your family life, your work, etc.
– you can discuss your likes and dislikes (gustar)
– you possess most basic vocabulary (including days/time/colors/numbers…)
Assuming you can understand most frequently used vocabulary related to areas of immediate personal relevance (e.g. basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment) and catch the main point in short, clear, simple messages and announcements, you will reinforce the communication skills needed for uncomplicated and routine tasks requiring a straightforward and direct exchange of information on familiar topics and activities. You will continue to build your foundation to include irregular verbs in the present, progressive present, ser y estar, more complex descriptions using adverbs, adjectives, comparatives, and superlatives well. You will develop better listening comprehension skills and your ability to respond to native speakers in conversation.