10 Wednesdays, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Book: Menschen A2.1, Kursbuch ISBN:9783193019028 and Menschen A2.1, Arbeitsbuch ISBN:9783193119025
Location: Taught online via Zoom. An invitation and explanations on how to join the meeting will be sent to registered students.
Instructor: Marlies Reppenhagen
Price: $248 (early registration) $275 (after 01/15)
Dates: 02/01 – 04/05 (Please note that this class will be immediately followed by the spring session with no break between sessions. We will send you a reminder.)
Need more information? Attend our informational meeting on January 11th or get in touch.
This course is a continuation of the Faux Beginning German or a similar level if you did not previously study with us; it will be taught entirely in German.
Students will be somewhat comfortable with the following aspects of communication and grammar which were covered in the A1.1 and A1.2 Kursbuch and Arbeitsbuch of Menschen.
The student can:
– understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment);
– communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters;
– describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need;
– speak about events in the past, present or future; and
– express needs, requests and wishes.